What The World Would Be Like If Visionaries Didn’t Exist
If you could stop and imagine our nation today compared to centuries past, the last 100 years have demonstrated that we have had an exponential increase in technology and innovation. From the airplane and motor vehicle to the Internet and mobile communication, invention and modernization of these products have formed a brand new world with a promise of new and exciting advances for the century ahead.
Now, instead of visualizing inventions, imagine our world without the visionary leaders who created these innovations.
Not only would these inventions fail to exist,
but our lives would be entirely different because of the current necessity of these items in our daily lives.
One of the nation’s most respected visionaries, Franklin D. Roosevelt led our nation through The Great Depression and World War II. His vision created programs and services that dropped the unemployment rate during such a deep economic downtown to 2%. A few of these innovations are still in effect today, like the Securities and Exchange Commission and Social Security.
Without visionaries, many of our current privileges and freedoms in this nation would not exist. Over the past centuries, many Presidents have shaped policies, programs and provided an optimistic future that have not only impacted America, but have influenced democracy throughout the world.
“We have always held to the hope, the belief, the conviction the conviction that there is a better life, a better world, beyond the horizon.” Franklin D. Roosevelt
How do we, as leaders, continue to impact the world?
Read the following helpful tips on how you can develop greater vision in your leadership journey:
- Feed your creativity. Imagination fueled the greatest visionaries to visualize a future with their innovations or inventions helping others.
- Curb your fears. Fear of failure prevents many leaders from taking risks. Curb your fears by realizing that failure actually means that you’re trying. Thomas Edison said it best: “I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.”
- Share your vision. Sharing your vision with others initiates the process of bringing the concept to life. Collaborators can also help refine and shape your vision allowing it to become a reality.
Now it’s your turn:
How can you shape a better life and world for the next generation of leaders?
Want to share this post? Here are some ready-made tweets!
- Click To Tweet: Your vision can forever change those around you, even our world. New blog on #Leadercast http://bit.ly/1CACJov
- Click To Tweet: What The World Would Be Like If Visionaries Didn’t Exist…New on the #Leadercast blog http://bit.ly/1CACJov
- Click To Tweet: Without vision, many of our current liberties would not exist…Read more on the #Leadercast blog http://bit.ly/1CACJov